We celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary this month on August 9th. Actually, we celebrated together on the 7th and 8th, and with the kids on the 9th. Lacking any funds for a traditional romantic weekend getaway, we got a little more creative this year. Steve and I have never ever been camping alone. So, we thought we'd give it a shot, since it's a pretty cheap place to go. We packed up some yummy things to cook an anniversary dinner over the fire (ginger sesame pork and shrimp, red new potatoes and salad, complete with sparkling juice and frozen mint pies), sleeping bags and pillows and a few other camping essentials. We had such a wonderful time!! It was kind of weird not having all the kids there, but so nice to just sit together and talk, stare at the fire, watch an old movie in bed (in the back of the Suburban...not as comfy as we'd imagined) and spend some much needed private time together. We slept in (til our old bladders forced us out of bed) and cleaned up camp in the rain. What's camping without rain, anyway. It was a beautiful weekend.
As I reflect on the last 18 years, I am truly humbled as I realize how much the Lord has blessed me. I can't imagine how my life would be without the incredible man I've married beside me. I can't even describe the depths of love I have for him and the gratitude I feel. We've been through so much in the last 18 years, health problems, work issues, financial problems, the unknown in so many struggles... and through it all, we cling to each other and work through it with the Lord's help. We always seem to know what the other needs. Steve has made me a believer in Soul Mates, and I'm so grateful he found me, and knew I was his. He's everything to me. I love you, sweetheart.
Wow can't believe 18 years. You guys are amazing and inspirational
ReplyDelete