Thursday, August 13, 2009

That Was Totally...

When we went up and over the tower, I seriously thought I was going to die!!

Shaunna and Eric also planned a trip to Lagoon while they were here for any of the Dixon family that had a strong enough stomachs to want to subject themselves to the scariest and fastest rides that Lagoon has to offer. (No baby rides on this trip!) The group that stepped up anxiously to volunteer was Eric and Shaunna, their 9 year-old boys, Landon and Branson, Me, Rachel, David and Valarie, and their 8 year old son, Kyle. We had such a fun day! We spent the first couple of hours at Lagoon-A-Beach on the water slides and then dressed and switched over to the park. One of our first rides was Wicked, a coaster that goes straight up really fast, then straight down, even faster and twists you in a corkscrew turn or two. I spent most of the ride trying to catch my breath and the rest of it out-screaming Rachel. It was horrifying...but so totally fun! We covered the whole park, probably a few times, riding anything that seemed even a little like a grown-up ride. I decided again that I really, really do hate the Wild Mouse. I like being flipped inside out and upside down, just not way out over the edge of the tracks. Scares me to death. Anyway, in the afternoon, when it got pretty hot, we really liked the Cliffhanger and Rattlesnake Rapids. We got soaked (some of us much more than others) and were soggy most of the day, but it kept us cool. I conned Rachel and Shaunna into going on the Samurai with me. They weren't quite sure about it, but Rachel even admitted later that she really liked it. Shaunna didn't agree. We loved the Rocket, the Blast Off one, and grabbed a bonus run of the Colossus right at the end before the park closed. I think the Colossus is still my favorite. The second time, I made Rachel open her eyes on the loops. Call me crazy, but I love that sensation of watching the world turn upside down. I was so excited to know that at 37, I still can do Lagoon all day without getting sick (unlike my poor brother) and that acting like a child again for a day can actually make you feel 10 years younger!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. What fun. Nic would be totally jealous. I am always pregnant when we go so I haven't done rides in years. I hate the mouse one too

    ReplyDelete