On the way home, Steve and I were talking softly while the boys sat quietly and stared out the windows. (I think they were tired, but really fighting sleep.) All of a sudden, Josh said, "Dad? Do you thin the girl I marry will like waffles?" Trying to stifle his laugh, Steve answered, "I'm sure she will son." Josh thought about that for a second and then said, "Good. Because I really like waffles and the girl I marry has to like them so we can eat them all the time for breakfast." He settled back into his thoughts again and all was quiet in the back seat. Steve and I joked about him taking all of his dates to IHOP and making sure they order waffles before he considers them marriage-worthy. What a sweet thing a six year-old perspective is. Life is so good when all that really matters to your future is whether or not your wife will eat waffles with you.
That is cute. All my kids are obsessed with marriage. Poor Cassie cries cause she doesn't have any boys she wants to marry and she can't marry a girl.
ReplyDelete