In December, Rachel also had a couple of piano recitals. First, she had one for her students, three cute little kids that play one finger at a time. They had all been taking lessons from her for less than 8 months, one child for only two. They all did really well. It was so cute to see how much support they all had in their first recital. We filled the whole Relief Society room of the church. After the kids all played, Rachel played her Christmas piece for the children. We spent almost as much time taking pictures afterward as they took playing. It was really quick, but we finished off with delicious brownies and punch (made by one of the moms). It was a milestone, and such a fun night for us to watch our Rachel shine!

Kersten, Tyson, Rachel, Erica and Andrew. (Andrew is Kersten's brother and performed at the recital, too.) Such cute, proud kids!

The next one, only a couple of days later, was her recital. She did an amazing job, as always. I love to listen to her play! Here's a video for your listening (and viewing) pleasure...
(Sorry it's sideways. I spent an hour trying to convert and fix it, but to no avail. I'll replace it if I ever get it to work. Just turn your head, or close your eyes and enjoy!)
Tyson loves having her for a teacher. She is so talented at what she does.
ReplyDelete