This Halloween's costumes were inspired by a cute little dog costume I bought at our school yard sale last August for Nathan. Since the girls are a little too big to do the whole Halloween and Trick-or-Treating thing, I thought we should have them all be the Scooby Doo gang. That way, the girls could dress up, too, and help the boys for me! Besides, the boys love to watch the old Scooby Doo cartoons. They all loved the idea and we went searching for clothes and accessories to make it work. Both the other boys had clothes that worked great, and for the girls, we hit three different thrift stores and Wal-Mart, and borrowed a few accessories from a friend, and had everything we needed. I was so excited with the way their costumes turned out, and the kids all loved them. Bryson had a brilliant idea that Steve and I should dress up as the "Mystery Machine", but we declined. Sarah, Bryson and Joshua all won movie tickets in the costume contest at the school carnival, and we got a lot of comments. Joshua's yellow hair ended up being a nice neon green, and Rachel's red hair spray ended up all over everything in the bathroom, but it was so cute, and so worth cleaning up the mess!!Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Halloween with Mystery, Inc.
This Halloween's costumes were inspired by a cute little dog costume I bought at our school yard sale last August for Nathan. Since the girls are a little too big to do the whole Halloween and Trick-or-Treating thing, I thought we should have them all be the Scooby Doo gang. That way, the girls could dress up, too, and help the boys for me! Besides, the boys love to watch the old Scooby Doo cartoons. They all loved the idea and we went searching for clothes and accessories to make it work. Both the other boys had clothes that worked great, and for the girls, we hit three different thrift stores and Wal-Mart, and borrowed a few accessories from a friend, and had everything we needed. I was so excited with the way their costumes turned out, and the kids all loved them. Bryson had a brilliant idea that Steve and I should dress up as the "Mystery Machine", but we declined. Sarah, Bryson and Joshua all won movie tickets in the costume contest at the school carnival, and we got a lot of comments. Joshua's yellow hair ended up being a nice neon green, and Rachel's red hair spray ended up all over everything in the bathroom, but it was so cute, and so worth cleaning up the mess!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



That is awesome. My boys would have died with excitement if we had done that. May have to think of it for another year.
ReplyDeleteI love it! I think it is so fun to have a family theme for Halloween - some year Maybe I can muster up enough energy and creativity to pull something like this off. Good job!
ReplyDeleteYour family pictures are very fun too!
That is such a cool idea. I would have never thought of it. The costumes are so cute. You are always so creative.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome idea! The kids look fabulous- You did a great job with the costumes!!! What a fun mom...:)
ReplyDelete