Okay, Mrs. Turpin's class is a little better organized, and maybe a tad more exciting, but the animals are pretty much the same.


I went to the Pocatello Zoo with Joshua's kindergarten class yesterday. He's such a sweetie. He picked me to be his walking buddy, and I savored the moments we spent together. Our zoo isn't very big and doesn't have a lot of traditional zoo animals. But it's a nice walk, and stocked with animals that are mostly native to Idaho.
We cruised through the whole zoo in less than an hour. I think the kids were anxious to eat lunch together and play at the tree house and on the equipment at Ross Park.
The weather was kind of cool, threatening to rain the whole morning. We got lucky, though. The storm didn't come in until after lunch and almost time to go home.I love that I have the opportunity to go on field trips and volunteer in my kids' classrooms. I am so grateful I can be a stay-at-home mom so I can do these things with them. It makes me smile to see Josh's face light up when I walk into his classroom, and he just beamed when he announced to his friends that "my mom's commin' with us!" I've decided that irresistible little smile is just one of my mommy pay-checks!
What an amazing picture of you with Josh. His smile just makes me smile.
ReplyDeleteI love the pic of you and Josh and the class on the slide!! What a neat experience! He is a cute little kid!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited you started a blog! I've loved reading all of your posts tonight...You're such an awesome person - your words brought tears and lots of smiles as I read. I loved getting to know your family a little better through your posts. Thanks for sharing some wonderful and uplifting parts of you. I needed to hear some of those things this week- thanks :)
ReplyDelete