Wednesday, March 11, 2009

SO COOL!

Okay, remember that part in "A Christmas Story", when the boy puts his tongue on the frozen flag pole at recess, and the fire department has to come out to help him get it off?
...Well, I have a very curious 5 year-old. On the way out the door to school Monday, Joshua noticed the frosty trail of ice that had formed itself on the iron rail going down the stairs outside. He loves to eat snow and icicles, and in all of his excitement of having both served up to him sweetly on the rail, he took a big lick. A few moments later, Steve looked out to see why he was hanging out on the stairs and noticed that he had his tongue stuck to the rail!! He was pulling, and starting to panic (as any of us would), and Steve hollered at him to stop pulling. He brought out a cup of warm water and tried to pour it over his tongue without getting him all wet before school. He went to school that day with a sore little tongue, but a happy smile after Daddy's rescue. I wish I had been faster with the camera, as I would have loved to capture that moment forever. It was so funny, and unbelievable to me that he would think of such a crazy thing to do. Then, I remembered...when I was a little girl, I got my tongue stuck to a metal bar in the freezer once....

No comments:

Post a Comment