Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday, America!

I thought it would be appropriate to take a second to share my thoughts and feelings about being blessed beyond measure to be an American and enjoy living in this incredible nation. I am grateful for the God-fearing visionaries who traveled across the ocean into this untamed land to start a new life. I am grateful for their faith-filled wives and daughters that wanted a place to raise their children worshiping the God they loved. I am grateful for the men that fought for the freedoms they hoped to gain by starting a new life here. I am grateful for the men and boys who died fighting and sacrificed all to ensure our freedom and independence. I am grateful for the men who, as instruments in God's hands, stood up for what they believed in and built this incredible country. And, I am grateful beyond expression for the men and women who continue to fight today. To keep us safe. To keep us free. To allow us to continue worshiping our God who blesses us abundantly in this great land. God bless America!

1 comment: