What is it about the new year that makes us look back, look forward, and set new goals? Wouldn't it be just as proper to do it on our birthdays, or any old day... like June 22nd, for instance. Not likely. Starting fresh just seems to happen naturally when the new calendar goes up and the old one hits the trash. Like every year since I can remember, I have set new goals to go with the new year. UN-like every other year, I think they are realistic, necessary and reachable this year. Wanna know what I'm gonna do this year?
#1 - Maintain my new health habits (my new weight and my new exercise habits) and stay healthy and in control of the food part of my life this year.
#2 - Post on my blog (aka. write in my journal) at least once a week.
#3 - Study the scriptures at least 20 minutes a day, at lest 5 days a week.
Obviously, there are some other things that have to go with those goals, like being organized throughout the day to get myself to bed early enough to get up to study and exercise the next morning, spending my time on Sunday afternoons with my "journal" if I haven't yet that week, and thoroughly enjoying my "one" brownie at Family Home Evening, instead of gobbling up seven like I used to. It's going to be a great year...I can just feel it. I'm off to a good start. I've accomplished my new goals for three whole days! :)
wow my goals are the same except I still have a few more pounds to lose before I maintain. But seriously those are my goals too. How funny
ReplyDelete