Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Piano Festival 2010
In March, Rachel participated in the annual Idaho Junior Music Federation's Piano Festival again. When we got there, they took her right back so she didn't have much time to psych her self out, or get nervous at all. She sat in a room with a really kind judge, and her teacher took me back to listen to her play at the door. She played beautifully and received an "Superior" rating...and a perfect score (50 out of 50 points)! It was amazing. She told me she thought she messed up a couple of times, and there were some comments for improvement on her score sheet, but the judge was very impressed with her performance. She was called the next day to perform again at the subsequent Honors Recital. I went with her last year, so Steve and my parents went to watch our amazing young pianist. I probably don't have to say it, but we are all so proud of her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats. That takes a lot of work and guts. I never had the guts to do things like that.
ReplyDelete