Here's an update on my Dixon Girls Biggest Loser challenge...
Five years ago, I lost 28 pounds. I wanted to lose about 37, but I hit a point that I couldn't get past. I called it my wall. For months, I kept at it, trying to break through, but just couldn't get past it. I finally decided that with that weight loss, I would just be happy being that size, and be grateful that I shed the other 28 pounds. ...And, here I am again...
I'm happy to announce that I hit that point again about 4 weeks ago. My weight has been fluctuating right above that since. I've been pretty frustrated because no matter how hard I work out and regardless of what I (don't) eat, it doesn't seem to make a difference. I would really like to lose at least 7 more pounds, and be within the middle of my healthy BMI range. However, my ultimate goal is, of course, to be healthy and have the energy I need to keep up with my kids. I feel like I've already begun to accomplish that one. So, I'm doing okay, just want to figure out how to get past "the wall"!
I recently finished reading Randy Pausch's The Last Lecture (great book!) and pondered some of the things he taught. The one thing that has stuck in my head the most is something he said about brick walls. "...A brick wall isn't there to keep us out. It's there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something." So, my brick wall (the point where I quit losing weight over and over again) has become an even greater challenge for me. It's the point where I get to decide HOW BAD I really want to lose those pounds (be a size 10, get in better shape, establish healthier habits...etc.). And I have decided!! I'm going to bust down the wall by working my butt off (literally). And if I can't bust it down, I'm going to use all my new-found energy, and just climb over it!!
Thanks for those thoughts. I am at a brick wall of sorts with my weight and been wanting to give in. Yhanks for the motivation
ReplyDelete