Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saved by a Three Year-Old

This is one of those "Smiles and Sunshine" moments I built this blog for. I have a hard time remembering details about what happened last week, so I thought I better get this cute little story posted before I forget.

A few days ago, I was working on the computer and Nathan came in crying. He had tears streaming down his face, and his expression was one of those scrunched-up hurt-feelings faces that makes you think, "Oh, great. Now what did they do to my baby?" He climbed up on my lap and tried, through his sobs, to tell me what happened. I honestly couldn't decipher any of it, but know I heard Rachel's name somewhere in there. Trying to do the "mommy thing" and fix it for him, I facetiously asked if we should go and spank Rachel. Nathan immediately stopped crying and looked at me with a worried look on his face. He said to me, "Oh, no, Mommy! Not Rachel. She's such a good sister!" That made my heart melt. It was so precious, we went together to tell her what he had said. I found out from Rachel and a guilt-faced Bryson that he was the one that made him cry by pushing the teasing a little too far. After a half-hearted apology, Nathan forgave him, and everything was fine again.

By the way, Rachel later confessed that she was laughing and probably added to the problem. Hmmmm... Perhaps she shouldn't have been spared after all! Good thing her littlest brother loves her so much!

2 comments: