Well, I've decided to call this my Season of Growth in the Homemaking Arena. Since Father's Day, I've made four amazingly flaky and delicious no-fail pie crusts, made chicken gravy from a roasted chicken that even our friend who doesn't like gravy said was wonderful, bottled 12 quarts of peaches (water bath canned) all by myself, made beautiful twin loaves of yummy sourdough bread (from my own sourdough start), bottled 22 quarts of green beans (pressure canned) all by myself, and made a "just right" lemon meringue pie that looked as beautiful as my mom's and caused a great big grin on my husband's face. How's that for developing my talents? I know that He who created me is the one that gave me these hidden abilities, but I'm so excited, I've allowed myself just a few small moments of unrighteous pride...


Oh, yeah. And thanks to those who gave me tips, pointers, encouragement, recipes, and you know, ...helped me!
Wow I am so impressed. I want to do stuff like that someday too. Yeah for you.
ReplyDeleteYay Julie! You will have to teach me someday because I am for sure lacking in this area...At least Mike is a good sport and not a picky eater!
ReplyDelete